Save the Date – NanoHarmony Policy Meeting
European Safety and Sustainability Assessment: Fit for the Future
Brussels, 23 May 2023, 10.00 – 14.00 CET
Innovation requires safety and sustainability assessment to meet the European goals of the Green Deal and the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability. Internationally standardised test methods are a prerequisite to build people´s trust in safe innovation. OECD Test Guideline are internationally accepted test methods, help overcome trade barriers and hence increase the competitiveness of European industry.
The NanoHarmony project showed a coherent approach on how to achieve the needed test methods for European regulation. Using the NanoHarmony experiences in line with the aims of AMI2030 and the Malta Initiative, we will discuss with you the way forward for a European Test Method Strategy.
This strategy will seek active exchange between European and international stakeholders, setting regulatory priorities and developing test methods for innovative materials. The European Test Method Strategy will lead the way forward to safe innovation and a strong European industry.
You can see the draft agenda of the meeting here.
Why you should attend:
- Help reach the goals of the Green Deal and the EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability
- Improve European competitiveness
- Overcome trade barriers
- Build trust between industry and the public
- Strengthen safe and sustainable innovation
- Support the European Test Method Strategy
- Policymakers and regulators from European Union and member states
- Advisors to European MEPs
- Industry and representative bodies
- OECD representatives and National Coordinators
- Representatives of standardisation and metrology bodies
Please apply to register for a place at the workshop HERE.
Places at the meeting are likely to be limited so please register early.
Unfortunately registering your interest does not guarantee a place at the workshop. Delegates will be selected to ensure a balanced representation between countries and stakeholder types.
The deadline for registration is 09.05.2023. Places will be confirmed by email.