The NanoHarmony Project hosted a global online workshop on November 3-5, with expert sessions following by a public plenary meeting.
The 3 day event delivered 14 expert sessions on 11 topics and included almost 200 experts from 25 countries across 4 continents. The closing plenary brought together a further 150 delegates to hear initial outcomes and share discussion, ready for the next stage of development through the project.
Interested stakeholders can download the slides from each expert topic presented at the public plenary and watch the recordings of each session Stakeholders can also register for the follow up webinar on December 16, where outcomes from this global workshop will be presented in more detail and a roadmap of actions.
Workshop expert topics – outcomes and next steps:
- Welcome and Introduction to NanoHarmony and OECD TG development projects SLIDES RECORDING
- How OECD Deals with Test Guidelines and Guidance Documents to Accommodate Testing of Nanomaterials SLIDES RECORDING
Health Effects / Effects on biotic systems
- Scientific basis for OECD TG on in vivo toxicokinetic study SLIDES RECORDING
- Determination of concentrations of ENMs in biological samples using spICP-MS SLIDES RECORDING
- Data gaps identification related to intestinal fate of ingested nanomaterials SLIDES RECORDING
- Addressing gaps for conducting OECD TG 201, 202, 203 assays with ENMs SLIDES RECORDING
Environmental Fate and Behaviour
- Modifying the Bioaccumulation Testing Strategy with Fish for Nanomaterials SLIDES RECORDING
- Environmental abiotic Transformation of Nanomaterials SLIDES RECORDING
Physical Chemical Properties
- Dustiness Testing: ATEX, non-HARN, HARN and exposure models SLIDES RECORDING
- Identification and quantification of the surface chemistry and coatings on nano- and microscale materials new GD SLIDES RECORDING
- Consensus-building on round-robin criteria for solubility and dissolution testing of NM in pure water and biologically relevant media SLIDES RECORDING
- Solubility and dissolution rate: Over-arching issues SLIDES RECORDING
Interested stakeholders are also encouraged to sign up for the NanoHarmony newsletter for regular project updates and opportunities to get involved.